Saturday, September 25, 2010

One Mile

I just ran a mile in 9:54.  I ran two miles with my sister once in ish-20 minutes, and I ran some other time with her and I can't remember how long it took.  So basically yeah, I suck.

Actually that's not true.

I'm comparing myself to my friend Ian, who can run a 6-minute mile.  And he plays water-polo.  And anyway both my parents run/know how long a mile should take, and when I came in and said "Nine minutes and fifty-four seconds!" my dad said "That's really good!"

And my dad doesn't lie.

Like, I took a picture of a squirrel, and I developed it myself and I was all proud of it and stuff, and I brought it home and my dad said "Oh", appreciatively, and then he said "the background looks washed out".

So if 9:54 was bad, he would have told me so.

So I'm proud.
I mean, come on, Dad.

1 comment:

  1. My fastest mile time was 10 minutes (down from 12 minutes after a 2 month PE worthy excercise binge) if I remember correctly.

    ReplyDelete