Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blogger Mobile

So okay I know I said I wasn't going to sign up for Blogger Mobile, but I did.  Because it looked fun, okay?

The first message I sent to Blogger looked like this one my phone:

"Testing, 1, 2, 3.

This is my first text message Blogger blog post! Yaaay! I feel like such a dork right now, by the way. Especially since I said in my last post that I am NOT going to sign up for this...And here I am... -sigh-"

Then I got a message from Blogger that said "Success! Your post made it to your blog greenrave.blogspot.com. Send STOP to stop receiving all SMS."

"Cool," I thought, and went to check my blog.

Well.  Two blog posts had showed up.  I deleted one of them, but they both looked roughly the same.  Here's the other (which I have also deleted):

"(n y ;?Au8?????????r ?d??} ???2(
?]. ?5O??-"

I said "._. I didn't...post that."

Then I looked at my phone, which still had a message of Blogger congratulating me on my blog post, and I looked at my "blog post" and I felt like I was a baby being congratulated on hir first word.

So, I'm going to try it one more time.  Here's what it looks like on my phone:

"I'm going to try this one more time.  Maybe, just maybe, it will work."

And here's what it looks like on my blog:

"I'm going to try this one more time. Maybe, just maybe, it will work."

So it works!!  But I can't title the post from my phone, and besides texting's  not as awesome as sitting down in a big comfy chair and typing out a long story about how my life rocks.

I deleted the post that worked, and I'm probably not going to be posting from my phone ever.  That's what Twitter and Facebook mobile are for.  With them, I can type out a nice, small message and it will go into my status.  With this, a nice, small message looks out of place amidst the massive (and AWESOME) blog posts.

So, I'll leave Blogger Mobile alone.  It's just not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment