Friday, September 24, 2010

How Do You All Like My New Layout?

I did some editing of my blog, and I think it looks rather good, don't you? The old background was too black and dark and bad and stuff. This one's better.

Well that's all I have to say about my layout, so now I'm going to talk about OTHER STUFF. Like my calf. My left calf, to be precise. It's on the table. Mind you, my foot isn't on the table. Just the calf. It's stretched across the corner of the table and neither my knee nor my foot are touching the table. My other calf is on a chair underneath the table, and half of my foot is shoved through the slats in said chair. Maybe more like a third of my foot. The third containing my toes and the ball of my foot. Also I'm sitting on a chair, and it's at an angle to the table. About a 45° angle, if you care.

Also I have coffee.

If I were to write a book, I'd love to have someone sitting in this position on hirs computer. The problem with that is how in God's name would I ever describe it? I could say "Zie was sitting at hir computer with hir leg up on the corner of the table", and probably people would be able to picture that well enough, but there is no good way to tell about how my right foot is on the chair, and even if there were one, who would care? No one, that's who.

That's my problem with books. I get waaaay too descriptive of stuff, and then I feel really controlling. See I have this image of exactly what I want my story to look like, and I get really depressed when I can't describe it absolutely perfectly.

I have a really bad prologue to a story, in which these three guys are talking about writing a song. I re-read it sometimes and cringe at myself when Jackson sits down on the chair opposite James and puts his feet up on the table between them. Or something. It's really bad.

Remember that post about how I need to get better at reading, and how I can't ever imagine stuff the way the author intended it? Well I guess I just fail at descriptions altogether, because I can't write them for shit, either.

Weak sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment