Sunday, September 19, 2010

Halloween Woes

Every year I try to come up with a really cool Halloween costume. I always want it to be perfect. This year, my friend is getting a bunch of people together to do a Justice League themed group. He's the Green Arrow, I'm the Black Canary (apparently they're married—I'm not going to get into my excitement about that part). Essentially the costume I'm putting together is going to be biker shorts and a black tank top, or combine those two into a leotard of some kind. On top of that I'll have a black jacket, black boots, and fishnet tights. I'll probably be adding nylons under the tights for warmth's sake.

At the beginning of this quest for a costume, I only had the tights and nylons. Today I bought a black trench-coat that I'll be shortening, and I found a pair of boots online. Here's where it gets annoying. Really this whole post could have been shortened into my complaints about online shipments and customer service representatives, but I wanted to tell you all WHY I want these boots so much. So I need them for Halloween.

Now, I was trying to place the order today. I put in all the information and hit "submit" and the page was trying to load. I sat there for like five minutes and the page hadn't done anything. I quit out of the server and tried again, and the same thing happened—it just sat there trying to load the next page. I let it sit for a while and made myself a chai latte (recipe to follow). Eventually the page loaded, but instead of taking me to the order confirmation page, it said something like "Your order number XXXXXXXX has already been received." I went to my account page and looked at my order history, and the order hadn't shown up. Grr. I called customer service and refreshed the page and the order showed up, but the number wasn't a clickable link, like it usually is.

I waited on hold for customer service for a really long time. They played "Ignorance" by Paramore so many times I think I have all the words memorized. Anyway, while I was waiting I refreshed the page, and another order showed up. When the service representative finally came on, she told me they were the exact same order received twice. I asked her to cancel one of them, and she said "I'm thorry, I can't canthel either of those orderth right now, becauthe the order identification number hath not shown up yet. That meanth the orderth are not in our thythtem yet. They should be in within the hour, and when they are I can give you a call back and we can canthel one of the orderth then." An hour. Fuck you, an hour.

I don't even know how long it's been, but I've been checking my order status and they haven't turned into clickable links yet (when they're links that means they've been processed and the lady will be able to cancel one of them).

I'm really frustrated right now, because I can't really start on any kind of project right now (like making a duct-tape messenger bag, or brewing some cream soda) because I'll have to stop whatever I'm doing and just let it sit there while I talk to the lady. I can't just leave the Cream Soda sitting there if I get into the bottling process, because everything has to be sterilized. I could start making a duct-tape messenger bag, but I don't have the duct-tape right now, so I'd have to go out and buy that, and I want to be home when she calls.

I don't want to get up and go to the bathroom either, because if she calls and I'm in the bathroom...I'm done thinking about that.

Basically I have to just sit here and talk about random things that I think people will find interesting.

You probably don't care. Unless you've made it this far through my post! In that case, I'm proud of you!

Now I'm going to go post a recipe for a chai latte. Read that one if you want, also!

No comments:

Post a Comment