Friday, November 19, 2010

Things That I Realize I Took For Granted: Part IV

My ability to do things the right way, instead of pretty much okay.

See at the beginning of the year I was really good at budgeting my time and getting the things that needed to be done, done.  Lately though, I think I've been getting a little big-headed.  I look at what I have to do, then look at the ten minutes I have to do it in, and say "this will totally happen".

Sometimes those "things" won't happen.

Such as getting to rehearsal on time, instead of pretty much on time, give or take (mostly give) five minutes.  See, I have to be at rehearsal at 3:45, or earlier.  On Mondays and Wednesday's though I don't have any class after 11:15 am, and I can go home and then go back out for rehearsal.  It takes me about fifteen minutes to get there.  Usually I leave at about 3:20, or even 3:10, but the last three times I've been in that situation I've left at 3:30.  And gotten there at about 3:47.  Or 48.

Those "things" can also include getting to bed at 9 o' frikkin clock, not PRETTY MUCH 9 o' clock.  (And by that I mean 9:40, or 10.  Or 10:30.  Don't.  Judge.  Me.)

The biggest thing though, is making decisions.  I mean, I can make pretty good decisions most of the time, but sometimes they're a little dumb.

Dumb decisions I've made recently:

• Skipped lunch
     —Or rather:
• Drank two cups of coffee and an apple "for lunch".  (I can't decide which is worse; no lunch, or caffeine for lunch.
• Made a hat instead of doing homework
• Decided to go out with a boy who goes to a different school.
     —Let's talk about this one.  This is a guy I only get to see when we're rehearsing for Little Shop.  And the show ends December 5th.  That's 16 days from now, but today's mostly over, so really that's only 15 days.  And we don't have rehearsal every day from now till the show, so I don't even know how much longer I'm going to be seeing him, at least on regularly scheduled occasions.  But hey, he's a sweetie.  And he smells like Boyfriend!

No comments:

Post a Comment