Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sweetwaters/People-Watching

I'm in Sweetwaters now.

Something smells like cigarettes. I think it's the guy with the nose-ring sitting next to me.

There aren't very many people here, so it's hard to people-watch...

Nose-Ring Guy left. I no longer smell cigarettes. Logical conclusion: Nose-Ring Guy was the source of the smell.

I need something better than this to do.

Time to relate to you the events of rehearsal today.

We spent the first half hour sitting around, waiting for Quinn to finish making the poster. The next hour was spent like this:

Quinn came in and said that I was going to be using my video phone (Balthasar has a video phone, a'course) to call Romeo in Mantua. I think we determined that I would have a video phone and Romeo would be on his computer. I think somehow we determined that it would be awesome if we could just put me on Skype, or something. I don't remember exactly how that happened, but then we spent maybe 45 minutes going through first iChat, then Skype, then iChat again, then iMovie, then something called ooVoo trying to figure out a way to get both my face and Romeo's face on the screen the same size. (We would be projecting from someone's computer.)

We downloaded a free trial of ooVoo and we're going to be using that. The problem with that is there is this annoying ad bar at the bottom of the screen that we want to get rid of. My assignment is to figure out how much it costs.

HERE'S WHAT I FOUND:

It's something like $10 monthly to be rid of the ads. Only one person would have to buy the ooVoo Plus ($10) plan, because we're only projecting from one computer. That sounds like a good plan to me.

The other option is pay-per-use $0.10. But it looks like that's just like... Adding a third person? I can't tell if that gets rid of ads or not. It'd be really useful if it would TELL ME this... Maybe it's like, if one person pays $0.10 that person doesn't have to look at the ads for one minute? I really don't know. This is ridiculous.

Anyway, that's my research. Done.

My next job is to find out if the two ethernet plugs in the theater work at the same time. There's really no reason they shouldn't, except that one of them is marked "phone" and one of them is marked "internet". So that's strange.

I mean, to get internet you plug into the phone jack, right guys?

...Right?

Alright, I'll look into that more later.

Moving on to a completely new topic now.

Emilie Autumn is doing a show in Pontiac. She's got one VIP ticket left. No one's going to buy it any time soon because her Michigan fan base can be counted on your hands and feet. And there were 35 VIP tickets available. Everyone who wants one already has one. Except for me. >:(

Well there's one available again, because she got sick and had to move the show, and someone who bought a ticket isn't able to make the new date, so the ticket went back on sale.

The biggest reason I want to go is Captain Maggot. She's part of the back up band, The Bloody Crumpets.


I've got two words for you. Fire. Hula-hoop.

Also, four more. LOOK AT HER FACE!

The concert is Wednesday, March 16th.

The ticket is $75 and I WANT IT. I have a ride, I have the money to get it, I have the DESIRE to go. I also HAD the time, except our director is thinking of getting rid of our first weekend of performances and adding a Thursday show on the 17th, making the 16th our final dress rehearsal. Right now the schedule says we've got nothing between the 13th and the 18th.

Our change in shows is not official yet, and I told Quinn that the only thing standing between me and Captain Maggot is him, but he didn't seem too remorseful.

I know there's basically no chance I'll get to go. I asked my parents, I talked to Quinn, I talked to other authoritative figures involved with our show, I've done everything... It seems like there's no way to prevent the show change.

Still, I'm hanging on. I want to see this show so badly. I want to see the show and meet Captain Maggot and see her flaming hula-hoop and I want to try a cup of the Asylum Tea and I want a signed painting of the Plague Rat and and AND—!

So I'm hanging on. I want to go. I really really really want to go.

But hey, it looks like she goes on tour, like, every year. So I guess I'll just have to wait...

-SIGH-

No comments:

Post a Comment