Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day One: A Post About Yourself With Five Facts

The Facebook version of this is a picture of yourself with ten facts, and the ten facts usually go in the caption of the photo. I'm only doing five so that I can go a little more in-depth with the facts and not have the post be ridiculously long.

Here we go!

1. My face is dented.

Look back at the pictures of me on this blog. Find one where I'm smiling, and look at the right side of my face. My right, not your right. You see that dimple? Cute, right? Now look at the right side of my smile, compared to the left. See how the right side doesn't go up as high? Not cute, right? The right side of my smile is also a little more stretched/thin. Just sayin'.

Here's the story, as best as I know:

When I was three, my mom went out of town for a while. At this point I had an eight-year-old sister, who was pretty responsible, but probably not around. I also had a father, who was—and is—very responsible. I imagine at this point in the story that my dad was sitting in a lawn chair reading a book or something, but he very well could have been inside doing something or other. Either way, he was not supervising me as well as he could have been.

We've got a play-structure in my back yard. It's got a ladder and a slide, and also some swings. I was apparently climbing up the ladder and going down the slide. That's how my dad described my activity. Climbing up the ladder and going down the slide. Well apparently I fell through the rungs of the ladder.

I don't know if my face hit a rung, the wooden base of the structure, or a rock on the ground. All I know is that I hit my face.

Now, my dad must have felt horrible. It wasn't entirely his fault, really. I mean, no parent is ever as careful with the second child as they are with the first.

Anyway, because of the incident I've got a dimple on the right side of my face, and because of the dimple my smile is crooked and one side is thinner than the other.

My face is dented.

I just realized that maybe there's not a picture of me smiling, and I'm too lazy to check, so I got this for you:
Wow, look at that, my left eye is all squinty. I blame that on the dent too. If my right side went up higher, the right eye would be squinty too, and then it wouldn't look so weird, because both eyes would be squinty instead of just the one.

2. I make soda.
2b. I say "soda", not "pop", and am the only one in all of Michigan to do so. 'Cept my family.

But back to the main point—I make soda.

Eh, relatively uninteresting compared to the face-dent story, but what do you expect from me? That's my golden nugget. It's all I've got.

I've made cream soda and root beer so far. The cream soda was spectacular, the root beer was so-so. Today I brewed another batch of cream soda, and a batch of ginger beer. I'll know in about a week how they turned out.

3. I've got a boyfriend.

I mean, you all know this about me, but it's still an important fact worth including. More important than my soda fact.

He's a sweetheart, and an amazing actor, plus also he's HAWT, so that's a plus. He's really everything I could have wished for. He doesn't expect much from me because I'm his first girlfriend; he doesn't know how these things work. We don't see each other much, but that's better than seeing him all the time. If I see him too much, some things about him could start to annoy me, but this way, I love everything about him.

4. I have a film camera which I use often enough.

I got it for my sixteenth birthday, but for a couple of months before that I used my dad's camera. I also develop my own photos at school. I can only develop black and white photos there, because those are just the chemicals they have at school. Probably B&W is cheaper. But hey, if I felt like taking some color pictures I could just drop them off at CVS and have all of them developed, instead of only developing three or four off a roll because I have to buy my own paper and it's kind of expensive. Not to mention it takes time.

First, to develop the film itself, you have to roll it up on a reel in a black bag, which takes about 5-7 minutes. Then the actual process of developing the film takes about 15 minutes. Seven and a half for the developer, thirty seconds for the stop bath, and 5-7 minutes for the fix. Those extra two minutes are thrown in BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE IT OKAY, gawd.

Then to do a photo, it's about three minutes getting the focus right, (two to three seconds of exposure) then five minutes of developer, thirty seconds of the stop-bath, ten minutes of the fix, and ten minutes in the wash. Once you put it in the stop-bath you can start on another photo, and the same thing with the wash.

5. I'm bisexual.

Don't know if you guys know this. I mean, okay, you guys, my five followers, all know this. But youuuuuu guyyyyys *gestures vaguely*, the general internet, may not. I don't know if it's been mentioned on my blog yet. But now it has, so now youuuuuu know.

Just so you have an idea of my tastes:

Hot:

Hot:

Not:
(I'll give you a hint. It's not because she's black.)

Not:
(I'll give you a hint. It's not because he's got a tool-y hat.)

No comments:

Post a Comment