Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Road I Live On Has No Speed Limit

Actually that's not true.

The road that my neighborhood is off of has no speed limit.  It's a stretch of road maybe a mile long, maybe a mile and a half.  It has the same name as both of the roads at either end of it.  On of those roads is 50 mph, the other is 45 mph.

I swear to you, I have driven up and down that stretch of road numerous times searching for a speed limit sign of any kind, but to no avail.  I assure you dear readers, THERE IS NO SPEED LIMIT ON THAT ROAD.

And if you say "Yeth but technically you are thuppothed to know what thpeed to go on that road bathed on what kind of road it ith" I will HUNT YOU DOWN.

Seriously guys, that road is awesome.

2 comments:

  1. No, it doesn't have the same name as both of them. The 45 mph road is Plymouth. I think the speed limit is technically 50 mph.

    I mean I have lived there for many moons, and I think I saw a cop maybe once, which is the real question here. But it could have been a taxi. It was more likely to have been a taxi, actually, even given the relative probability of a taxi being anywhere near our house, ever. Still more likely than a cop.

    We should call a taxi, sometime. I've never taken one to or from our house. Hm.

    Bet they'd get lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha I win, I saw a cop twice.

    Also LET'S DO IT. Do they take credit cards?

    ReplyDelete