Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Common Cold

The common cold is really a blessing in disguise, I think.  I mean, I know you get all sick and achy and everything, but when you think about it, it's usually not that bad.

At least for me, when I get the common cold, I have a sore throat and runny nose, and kind of sore muscles, but I'm not downright MISERABLE.

I am, however, just sick enough to stay home from school to get better.  But while I'm at home, after about 11:00 I'm usually feeling fine again, and I can do something productive on my day off, and go back in feeling healthy and refreshed, and accomplished.

Or something.  Maybe I'm just weird because I like being sick.

1 comment:

  1. I kind of like being a little bit sick, too. I like having to take drugs and drink lots of tea with honey and sniffle and look miserable. It feels great.

    I don't usually get REALLY sick, though. I haven't in a long time. And I think that if I did ever get really sick, and it started to happen every once in a while, I would stop liking the common cold because every time I felt myself starting to get sick I feel like I would go, "OH GOD… what if I get REALLY SICK again?"

    And I cannot stay home from school. It is not an option. I die if that happens.

    ReplyDelete