Sunday, October 3, 2010

I Bet He Got Lost

Whenever someone from the electric company or phone company or  something similar has to come to our house to fix them, we try to give them directions.

Us: "So our address is—"
Them: "We have it on record, don't worry."
Us: "No really, any time someone tries to come out here—"
Them: "We know where you are, we'll find it."
Us: "YOU WILL GET LOST."
Them: "We have GPS."
Us: "Yeah, fine."

Invariably, zie always calls and says zie is lost.

Us: Obligingly gives directions.

Now.

At about 3:30-ish, my awesome director called and offered to come drop my script off so that I can look over it before the read-through tomorrow.  My director is much less arrogant than the dumb electric company and phone company and all the other "companies", so he let me give him directions.  (Uh, also he probably doesn't have the resources the "companies" have in the way of knowing our address, so he needed it anyway).

NOTWITHSTANDING, I gave him my address and also the area code that he needs to use to get the correct directions, rather than the technically correct area code that sends us to the other neighborhood with the same name as ours.  The WRONG neighborhood.  I don't even understand how that happens.

Whatever.

When Director and I got off the phone, he said he'd be here around 5:00.

It's 5:30.

I'm waiting for him to call and say he's lost.

Possibly he decided to go to That Boy's house first and drop his script off first, which would be understandable.  Still, the road to turn onto to get into my neighborhood is really hard to see unless you know where it is or you're going like 30 miles an hour, neither of which applies to Director.

See, the road to turn off of has no speed limit, and people frequently drive over 60mph on that road.

Oh, I just got a call from Director.  He says he will NOT be bringing me my script today.  He wants to make copies and blah blah blah.  I think he just looked up the directions to my house and realized that it's out in the middle of nowhere.

Ah well.

2 comments:

  1. I swear I hadn't read this post when I commented on the one about the speed limit. For the record.

    ReplyDelete