Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I Don't Know If I've Titled A Post "ASDF" Yet—Plus Also Romeo and Juliet

I was going to title this post "ASDF", but then I realized I wasn't sure if I had already titled a post "ASDF" yet, so I didn't title it "ASDF", exactly.

I just got back from Romeo and Juliet callbacks. I was called for Benvolio, Paris, and Romeo.

Okay, so... I would NOT play Paris. I just...wouldn't be able to do it. I'd maybe be okay with doing Benvolio. I'm terrified that I'm going to be cast as Benvolio. I read the monologue, and decided that it would be a good idea to read the monologue with a cockney accent. Well apparently, so did everyone else. Quinn laughed, our assistant director laughed, and everyone in callbacks laughed... So I'm worried I did too well with that.

I also think I did really well with Romeo. I feel like I was the only one who was actually acting in love with Juliet. I don't mean obsessed, as some people were playing it. I mean In Love. Just in love.

So yeah, I'm worried.

Quinn said that the cast list will be up by 1:30 tomorrow. That's frustrating. That's right near the end of my second to last class of the day. I've got to suffer through Math, then Science, then lunch, then American Lit, and THEN I can get out of American Lit (1:45) and run downstairs and down the hall and check the cast list. And then I still have to go back upstairs to my last class of the day. Which is forum, which is like homeroom. And tomorrow is our MLK day assembly. That means we're going to an assembly during forum. And after that I have to take an ACT (well, MME, which is kind of like the ACT, only it's just for Michigan) prep test. Which is just ASDF. But if I don't do it tomorrow I have to do it two weeks from tomorrow, or two weeks from that. And by even two weeks from now, I'll be busier than I am now, at least. And AURGH, I'm just so busy and scared At The Same Time.

So that's...all I have to say about that. I'm bringing my computer in tomorrow, so as soon as I know what's happened, I'll try to blog. So yeah, that's...that.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, you would make a good any part, just saying. And even if you didn't get Romeo, I'm sure you'd get a really awesome part and make it ten times awesomer just by being you.
    And I feel that you need a self-confidence boosting, so let me just say that I'm super jealous of you. It might be mostly for the fact that you're an upperclassman who's tall, mature-ish and doesn't trip over hir tongue every time hir mouth is open (unlike moi). But it's also because you have seriously good acting talent, and can embody your character so well that it doesn't even seem like acting. Wow that didn't make much sense. But I mean, when you were Audrey, I didn't see a person named Etsie playing the part of a girl named Audrey. I saw a girl named Audrey, who people sometimes called Etsie. And no, it wasn't just the wig.

    TL;DR: You're awesome, and I be jealous. c: ILU BRO. You're so gonna get an amazing part.

    ReplyDelete