Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Math

I love my math class. Well, no. I love several of the people in my math class. I sit with Molly, Libby, and Nathanael, and we basically do nothing the entire time and still it's awesome.

There's also the girl Hannah who sits two to the left of Nathanael. She's one of those really smart but also really nice people. She's a G.

So there are some pretty great people in my math class, but that's not what this post is about. It's really about my math notes. I just wanted to show you guys how I take notes in math class.


Up at the top there is my math teacher saying "Mean, Median, and Mode: Measures of Center".  I don't know when we decided he's an owl, but he is. My earlier pictures of him make him look like a chicken, until today when I literally googled "OoT Owl" and drew Kaepora Gaebora's eyebrows.

The last bubble there goes with the next picture:


This is still Mo the Owl talking about math stuff. He's teaching us about Expected Outcome. Then there at the bottom, with the Box and Whiskers plot, is Dr. Horrible. I just decided it was time for Dr. Horrible to teach me something.

I was always so confused about the box and whiskers plots, because why are the whiskers so lopsided? They should be called sticks, or like, uneven lines. Don't try to be creative about it if it's not even going to be accurate.

So I took this picture demonstrating what a cat with whiskers like that would look like:


Those are my lopsided whiskers.

Anyway, here's the last page of notes, where Mo teaches us about Standard Deviation:


Mo: Standard Deviation—a standard to express how far from the norm (mean) you (your data) really are!

Dr. H: 6,8,7,5,10,6,9,8,4
Mean (xbar) = 7
x-xbar (Each value minus xbar (7)).
-1, 1, 0, -2, 3, -1, 2, 1, -3

Mo: Now square them!

Me: Really, Mo?

Mo: 1, 1, 0, 4, 9, 1, 4, 1, 9

Dr. H: Add them up and divide by # of No.'s.
30/9 = 3.333... = sigma squared = Variance = WE'RE STILL NOT DONE.
sigma = standard deviation.

So those are my notes. Aren't they fabulous?

In other news, look at how much of a total lesbian I am today:

No comments:

Post a Comment